- Utility bills – electric, gas and water are included subject to ‘fair use’.
- Hot water – is available 24 hours a day.
- Heating – central heating is provided throughout the building during the colder months.
- Broadband internet and Wi-Fi – all rooms have ethernet connection points and Wi-Fi coverage. We aim to provide typical upload and download speeds of 20Mbps. This is subject to industry standard contention ratios and so achieved speeds may be less at peak times. Certain network protocols and file sharing technologies may be blocked from time to time in order to comply with various legal requirements.
In addition to the features described in your chosen room please note the following:
- Ensuite bedrooms and studios include a mattress and mattress protector but no other bedding.
- Shared kitchen/lounges include a vacuum cleaner, ironing board, kettle and toaster.
- Studios also include a vacuum cleaner, small ironing board, kettle and small toaster.
You will need to bring your own bedding, cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery, etc.
All shared lounges have a large flat-screen TV with Freeview channels. The TV licence for the TV provided in the lounge only is included in your rent.
All ensuite bedrooms and studios have a TV aerial point in the room, and a small flat-screen TV is provided free of charge on request. You will however need your own TV licence for this.
For more information on TV Licensing visit https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk
Booking Process & Rent Payments
- Choose the room type you want on this website, and press the ‘Book your room’ button.
- Fill in the form and pay the £150 booking deposit by credit or debit card.
- Within 7 days you will receive an Accommodation Offer.
- You have 10 days from when you receive your Offer to complete the reference / credit check process for you and your guarantor, supply copies of any documents required and to electronically sign the tenancy agreement to fully secure your room.
After your booking deposit is paid then this is non-refundable if you do not complete your tenancy agreement. If we are unable to complete your reservation request then we will tell you as quickly as possible and refund your booking deposit in full.
Once your tenancy agreement is signed you are liable for the full rent for the entire duration of the tenancy, whether or not you check in or depart early. See below for more information on early termination.
When you make your booking you have the following instalment options:
- tenant with a UK guarantor – rent payment in 1 or 3 instalments.
- tenant without a UK guarantor – rent payment in 1 or 2 instalments.
The first instalment is always due 10 days prior to your tenancy start date. The other instalments are due in January and April when there are 3 instalments, or just in January when there are 2 instalments.
You can pay your rent instalments either by bank transfer (via your Internet Banking) or by direct debit. Full details of these options will be provided with your rent statements. You can also pay rent instalments in person at reception with a UK debit card.
Arrivals & Checking in
Once your tenancy begins you are free to move in any day you like. We will communicate with you closer to the time about arrangements for collecting keys.
If you need to unload from a car then you will be able to book an unloading slot using one of our parking bays.
You should bring with you a valid government or university issued photo ID in order to collect your keys. We will only be able to release keys if you have done all the following:
- Paid your deposit
- Signed your tenancy agreement and guarantor agreement (and provided all requested proofs of identity)
- Paid your first rental instalment
- Provided proof of student status (and visa to stay in the UK if required)
As soon as you move in we recommend that you check the Inventory on your tenant portal or app. If anything is not right you must notify us by submitting an ‘Inventory’ issue through the tenant portal or app within 48 hours of checking in.
If you do not report any issues within this time then you will be deemed to have accepted the Inventory.
Living at Winton Halls
Occasional overnight guests are allowed, for no more than three consecutive nights. If you are staying in an ensuite bedroom you should also check with your flatmates that they’re ok with house guests. For couples choosing to live together our Premium Studios are available for double occupancy at an extra charge, all other rooms are single occupancy only.
No smoking of any kind (including all types of e-cigarette) is permitted in any private, communal or shared indoor areas.
Right next door to Winton Halls there is a privately owned and managed launderette called Suds Laundry. They have coin operated washing machines and tumble dryers and even offer service wash options. Full details of opening times and other information is available on the Suds Laundry website.
Regular letters and post will be delivered to your own mailbox in the ground floor lobby. You can access this mailbox with a key whenever you like. Larger parcels and packages will be signed for by our reception staff and you will receive an email notification. You will need to bring your ID with you to collect your package during reception opening hours.
Please note we cannot accept immediately perishable deliveries like fast food, groceries or fruit and vegetable boxes – you will need to ensure you are in for those deliveries.
Sorry, but no pets are permitted.
We clean the communal hallways, corridors and outside spaces fully once a week. We then carry out further checks and light cleans as needed during the week.
You are responsible for cleaning your own room and spaces within a shared flat. From time to time we may offer extra cleaning services if you want some help keeping on top of things, but these are at additional cost and separate to your tenancy agreement.
All radiators have an adjustable thermostatic valve ranging from 0 – 5. In position 0 the radiator will not heat up, at position 5 the radiator will provide the maximum heating. You should adjust this valve based on your own comfort levels.
Our reception is normally open Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.30. Outside of these hours we operate a 24/7 emergency on-call service for emergency maintenance issues.
We operate extended opening hours during check-in periods, details will be made available to you closer to your start date.
Log in to our portal or app and report a new maintenance issue. We will resolve it as soon as possible, details of our expected response times are also on the portal.
In an emergency (where there is a danger to health or a serious risk to safety or damage to buildings or belongings) you should visit reception or call 01202 771441, outside of office hours there is a menu option to report an ‘urgent defect’ and speak to on-call maintenance staff.
We will always try and respond as quickly as possible. We prioritise repairs based on the following performance standards:
- Priority One – Emergency repairs, completed or made safe within 24 hours. These are repairs required to avoid a danger to health, a risk to the safety of residents or serious damage to buildings or residents belongings.
- Priority Two – Urgent repairs, completed within five working days. These are repairs which materially affect the comfort or convenience of the residents.
- Priority Three – Non-urgent repairs, completed within 28 days. These are those repairs not falling within the above categories.
Moving out of your accommodation
All rooms and studios are inspected fully at least three times per year, plus a final inspection when your tenancy ends.
We will give at least 24 hours notice of planned inspections.
Once your tenancy agreement is signed you are responsible for the rent for the entire duration of the tenancy. If you leave early you will have to find an acceptable replacement tenant to take over your obligations. We will offer vacated rooms to new applicants but cannot promise to find a replacement tenant for you.
Your deposit is held with the Deposit Protection Scheme. We will aim to request its release or provide details of any charges for missing items or damage within 10 working days of your tenancy ending.
Once your tenancy has ended we cannot hold your mail for you. Deliveries will either be refused or returned to sender as appropriate. Please ensure you either update your address with those required or arrange with Royal Mail for your mail to be redirected. Information on mail redirection is available on the Royal Mail website.
As a business we welcome all customers and respect them all equally. We believe that diversity enriches society and should be celebrated. We fully support and comply with Equality Act 2010 to ensure no discrimination occurs in respect of the following protected characteristics:
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
Winton Halls is classified as a non-domestic building and has an Energy Performance Asset Rating of ‘C’.
ASN Capital is a family run business based in Bournemouth since 1998. We have built, own and manage hundreds of homes and commercial units around Dorset. For more information about the company visit the ASN Capital website.
ASN Capital developed, own and manage Winton Halls.
- National Landlords Association – Accredited Landlord
- Dorset Register of Accredited Landlords (operated by Bournemouth Borough Council)
- Property Redress Scheme
Some register entries may appear in the name of company director “Mr Amir Sadeh” since the accreditation process applies to the managing individual and not the company.